We all have within us that novel, memoir, short story collection or self-help book, rattling around inside our heads, just waiting to come out. We have the ideas but we lack the time to sit down and put words on the page.
Every promise we’ve made to ourselves to set aside time for our writing — all that goes out the window because there’s always a fire, always an unexpected twist in our busy day-to-day lives
Now imagine five things:
- You say, Enough. I deserve to put my writing first for one week.
- You book a retreat that allows you uninterrupted time to write — no cooking, no cleaning, just hours alone in a quiet space.
- A thoughtful editor/writer is on hand to go over your day’s work and guide you on what works and what could be improved.
- You leave with the first draft completed — finally, words on a page.
- You accomplish a lifelong goal and scratch write a book off your bucket list.
This is the idea behind Write At The Light, a weeklong retreat designed for writers who are serious, focused, and whose goal is to produce 6,000-10,000 words each day. Limited to two writers per retreat, this is not about social time, fancy accommodations, learning or workshopping, sharing or building community — it’s about getting the work done.